City-Link Insurance (Parcel Guard)
RM 1.67 with 3 installment via
- Coverage Against Loss And Damage
From The Point Of Collection Until Delivery To The Recipient
- What is ParcelGuard coverage?
- Backed by an established third party Insurance Company, ParcelGuard is a customised solution for carrier that offered to protect one's consignment from any probable downside risks.
- The Cover provides extensive protection against All Risk from the time of collection/ receipt by Carrier until delivery to the consignees. The Cover is deemed expired upon successful delivery of consigned goods to the destination as evidenced by the signature of recipient on the consignment note.
- How long is the period of Cover?
- It covers up to a maximum of 7 days, commencing from the receipt date of consignment by Carrier.
- What is All Risk?
- Any Loss or Damage against ParcelGuard Coverage Terms & Conditions.
- What will be the liability?
- ParcelGuard will override Courier company existing liability of RM200 and increase the amount of liability to the full value of a consignment but with the maximum liability of RM30,000 per consignment note.
- Rate & Charges?
- ParcelGuard Coverage = Value of Consignment X Rate Surcharge (as per ParcelGuard Pricing table)
- Scenario 1:
- Sender, ABC Sdn Bhd, wishes to send a Nokia mobile phone from PJ to JB. Sender informs us that such Nokia mobile phone is worth RM1,299. According to the PARCELGUARD Pricing table, mobile phone rate is 2%.
- What can be cover?
- Refer to ParcelGuard Rate & Pricing table.
- The insurer is willing to expand the commodity cover list. All staffs are advised to feedback to Citylink Parcelguard unit whenever they receive frequent enquiries for commodities not fall under the list. Citylink Parcelguard unit will compile the feedback and send request to the insurer.
- Basis of Valuation & Basis of Settlement?
- In order to expedite the covering process, ParcelGuard adopts a claim formula from Average Clause, which means that ParcelGuard's clients can declare their consignments in any value they wish. It can be their consignment invoice value, Cost value, 20% of Cost price, 10% Invoice value, or even any value but not more than the market value of the consignment note. However, clients are recommended to declare their consignments at the market value.
- Whenever there is a claim, ParcelGuard will request an Invoice, Quotation, Cash Bill or any pricing document of that consignment, verify against the average market price, and apply the average clause claim formula as follows:
- Scenario 2:
- Sender, ABC Sdn Bhd, wishes to send a mobile phone from PJ to JB. Sender informs us that such Nokia mobile phone is worth RM1,299 in the market. Being the distributor of Nokia, the cost of the said mobile phone for ABC is only amounting to RM1,000. In order to save on ParcelGuard surcharge, ABC decides to declare only the cost. In the event that accident happens and that the mobile phone is lost, the amount that ParcelGuard will pay is as follows:
- Scenario 3:
- Sender, ABC Sdn Bhd, wishes to send a mobile phone from PJ to JB. Sender did not inform us how much the mobile phone is worth. Instead, sender declared RM500 and filled up the product description as NOKIA 6600. In the event that accident happens and that the mobile phone is lost, ParcelGuard has to know the average market price is RM1,299. The amount that ParcelGuard will pay is as follow:
- Scenario 4:
- Sender, ABC Sdn Bhd, wishes to send a mobile phone from PJ to JB. Sender did not inform us how much the mobile phone is worth. Instead, sender declared RM1500 and filled up the product description as NOKIA 6600? In the event that accident happens and that the mobile phone is lost, ParcelGuard has to know the average market price is only RM1,299. The amount that ParcelGuard will pay is as follow:
- Scenario 5:
- Sender, ABC Sdn Bhd, wishes to send a mobile phone from PJ to JB. Sender did not inform us how much the mobile phone is worth. Instead, sender declared RM500 and filled up the product description as NOKIA 6600? In the event that accident happens, say, Courier company truck was caught in flood and the parcel was drenched. When the client seeks for compensation for the repair cost incurred, ParcelGuard has to know that the average market repair cost is only RM350 and that the market price for the mobile phone is RM1,299. The amount that ParcelGuard will pay is as follow:
- What should be the packing?
- Senders shall ensure appropriate packing of consignments to make sure that the contents are sufficiently protected during normal pallet and parcel processing and mechanical sorting as well as to prevent the consignments from causing damage or injury to other shipments. Every consignment must be packed and closed in a manner benefiting the weight, the size and the nature of the contents as well as the mode and duration of conveyance. The packing and closing must protect the contents against crushing or damage by repeated handling and must also be such that it is impossible to tamper with the contents without leaving clear traces thereof. On the packing or the wrapping, the consignment must have sufficient space for service instructions and for affixing labels. If, in connection with the posting of a consignment, Carrier finds out that the consignment is not packed or wrapped in an appropriate manner, the company is ?at its own option ?entitled to either reject the consignment or the consignment is sent at the sender's risk. For fragile articles and liquid substances senders are required only to use packing, which has been approved by ParcelGuard. Fragile articles include technical equipment, such as computer, data processing and laser equipment, etc., chinaware, articles of glass and similar fragile objects as well as furniture, prams, etc. which by reason of their shape or structure do not readily lend themselves to loading with other parcels.
- Should inspection on consignment needed before holding cover?
- Staffs are recommended to inspect the consignment to ensure the accuracy of physical versus documentation. Considering the nature of Courier company staff workload, staff may not have sufficient time to do so. As such, a ParcelGuard Form/ Online ParcelGuard declaration, that is filled up with detailed product descriptions will be deemed sufficient.
- Please note that ParcelGuard is authorized to request reports from any staff handling the consignment whenever a claim occurs.
- How fast is the claim?
- Claim will be processed within 21 days from the date of submission of the relevant documents from sender to ParcelGuard.
- Any Exclusion?
- - Excluding War & Strike
- - Excluding Rusting, Oxidation, Decolourisation, Bending, Chipping, Marring and Scratching
- - Excluding Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic Derangement or breakdown pair & set Clause
- - Software programming error
- - Loss of Data
- - Terrorism Exclusion
- - Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biological, Bio-Chemical and Electromagnetic Weapons Exclusion.
- - Loss or damage arising from custom, polis or any government body detention.
- Parcelguard Products
- ParcelGuard Partners
- Branches providing coverage to your walk-in customers a seamless process. Ideal for organization with multiple branches around the country.
- ParcelGuard Xpress (Coming Soon)
- Fast lane to obtain coverage for your shipment. You are not required to have a ParcelGuard account to get covered, just declare online. Valid for single-piece shipment only.
- ParcelGuard e-Business (Coming Soon)
- Getting coverage for all those shipment that you send regularly has never been easier. Create a ParcelGuard account online, and enjoy the peace of mind that your shipment is well covered.
- ParcelGuard VIP
- A centralize platform that enables faster and easier declaration for all your daily coverage needs. This simplified and streamlined product is caters for company who uses courier services daily.
- Who is the insurer?
- ParcelGuard is underwritten by AXA AFFIN General Insurance Berhad, a member of the AXA Group. AXA Group is one of the world leading insurer with over 4,190 billion ringgit in assets under management, 216,095 employees and more than 96 million customers worldwide.
0 / 5
Total 0 Ratings